Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Services for Sale

Just a quick Reclamation note - I like Dave's idea about taking healed wound cards into hand. Genious!

Anyway, a recruiter contacted me a couple days ago about an IT job in Minnetonka, and my name and resume have been "presented for consideration" to the company. It is for a "Support Analyst" position, which would be some kind of database job. I don't have a lot of details, but I do know that it would increase my salary by 20 - 32%, which would be kind of handy. It's possible that we would end up moving closer to that area if I did get that job, as it is a little further away, though still not too terrible at about a 30 minute commute, compared to the 20 minute commute I have now. But we'll see what happens with that one. I just wish we were in the position to go get a house, instead of moving to a different apartment, should that happen. Though a salary increase such as that would certainly be helpful with that.

6 comments:

Mac Man said...

It can be nice to see if you like the job first, before deciding to buy a house. You'd hate to go buy a house in Minnetonka (or further west where housing is more affordable), decide you don't like the job, find a new job in Stillwater, and then have a 2 hour rush-hour commute. That would not be very Boba at all. Or maybe that's very Boba. Either way, I'd put a lot of time and Boba into it before making any decisions. Sorry, just had to use the word Boba four times in this post. It's the Boba thing to do.

Mac Man said...

Oops, make that five times using the word Boba. Shoot, now I've used Boba six times! Darn, now where at seven...

Joel said...

It's bobalicious!

Mac Man said...

Eight! Wait, does using the word bobalicious count as using the word Boba? Whoops, that's ten. Or maybe still eight. I can't take this kind of stress anymore. I'm getting out of Boba!

Gak! Eleven. Or possibly nine. Where's a judge when you need one?

A. Bauer said...

Judge says: 11

Joel said...

Well, the judge has spoken. I guess this ends the Great Boba Debate.

Shoot, that's twelve. I guess this changes everything....