Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Great Buckeye State

We finally had another softball game last night. After two weeks in a row canceled, we had an opportunity to play last night, though it was a little rainy. And we came out and.... got mercy-ruled 11-1. Ah, but good fun it was, though I went 1-3 at the plate, including two that I hit horribly. Oh well, my one hit did result in the team's only RBI of the night, so that's something at least. I was just happy we didn't get shut out. :)

I have been working a good bit on the Reclamation game, and have most of the card images actually created and saved off (I think I've done about 210 of the 280 cards). Then I can throw them into a Word document, print them out, make decks, and ready myself for a little playtesting. So we'll see what happens from there. I go to Ohio next week, and my brother has volunteered to help play test. Also, I may acquire the services of the local Mac Man for playtesting as well. :)

That being said, I am rather looking forward to my Ohio trip. Of course, I get to see my relatives, which is wonderful. Also, I get to see Scruffles, which is the best cat in the world, and eat at a few places I've not been to in a couple years, notably Damon's, and Graeter's ice cream. I am already drooling in anticipation.

9 comments:

Mac Man said...

Yeah...uh...softball was not so good. Fun anyway, and the team we played against was fun. They asked us after the game if any of us wanted to practice fielding and hitting with them in the rain, and about 3 or 4 of us joined them. I don't mind losing to a good team if we're all having a good time.

Sign me up for the play-testing. I can't wait. It's always neat to see what kind of strategies and decks you get with a new game. Probably won't be exactly what the designer imagined... :-)

So, any special reason for the Ohio trip, or just your normal summer-type trip to see the family?

Oh, and for the record, Charlie is the best cat ever. Scruffles is up there, but certainly not number 1.

A. Bauer said...

I wouldn't trsut Tim with helping you test the deck....can't trust a guy who doesn't even blog....

Mac Man said...

That's harsh man! I just blog in Cooper's blog without his permission. I may eventually start my own, but not with that attitude you're sporting! :-)

Oh, and a bit of good news to report. I'll be ATL'ing it again down at TEC 68. Hope to see a bunch of you there!

A. Bauer said...

If I'm there I demand bedtime stories....of course you could always finish that book Brandon and I were mentioning....

Dave said...

As I'm going to be in Ohio at the same time as you I'll have to help play test as well!

Gina Cooper said...

I can't wait to see you here too! I'm glad we rated slightly higher than Scruff and food :).
By the way Tim - Scruffles is the best cat in the world!!! He'll take on Charlie anyday.

Mac Man said...

We go to war!

Joel said...

Yay! My very own blog war! Whooah!

DVK said...

I'm up for play test duty!