Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Ride of Life

Well, I am currently waiting for decisions on two separate things. First off, I would guess that the TEC teams would be announced shortly, and I am looking forward to finding out whether or not I get to work this time. I have several friends applying, so working would be good fun. But who knows.

Also, in theory, I could hear about the job I interviewed for this week. They said it would be a couple weeks until they start making decisions, and my interview was two weeks ago Tuesday. So, it is possible they could make decisions this week, but who knows. Companies can be slow. I am pretty interested in this job, so we'll see what happens.

Then again, there's the part of me that's wondering whether I'm even in the right field. I don' t know what other field I should be in, but I don't feel any type of fulfillment or purpose from sitting in front of a computer all day. Then again, one's purpose is not always their occupation. Ah well, we'll see what happens and where life takes me. It should be a fun ride.

1 comment:

Mac Man said...

Yep, hoping that TEC works out here too. All the meetings are already on my calendar in anticipation.

You know, I've thought about the career vs calling thing before too. My conclusion was that God gives us different gifts for a reason, and we have a mission to fulfill as an entire body. We can't all be eyes or hands or feet. My whole experience as treasurer at church has reinforced that to me. Our finance group is made up of a bunch of people that would be afraid to teach, but they are providing an important service to the church.

One other example, was the work I did to help us transition to new accounting software. I put in a lot of hours in the church basement programming programming in VB and performing my magic in Excel to pull that off. A lot of that knowledge came straight from the work I've done recently at my normal day job. So I get to work in a field that I enjoy, and I get to apply those same skills to keep the church operating smoothly. I think that's pretty cool.