Monday, August 06, 2007

To Boldly Go

We had card night on Friday, and it was good fun. Not only did I went 2 of the 3 games I played - including a three player game of Star Trek - but I opened lots of packs of cards for the Alternate Universe set, which was the second expansion set in the Trek game. I did well, pulling a copy of the Future Enterprise, which is an ultra-rare, that used to be worth about $75. Now it's not quite so valuable, but it is still a good card.

I was given a new project at work on Friday, which I have mostly completed today, unless they want things changed. It was a Visual Basic application for updating a database - nothing too exciting or challenging, but something a little different at least from my day-to-day work. Variety is good.

5 comments:

Gina Cooper said...

I am confused. Is Star Trek a new game? I thought you played Star Wars. Don't you play enough games?? Is this really what you should be doing with your time?? I think you should be out stopping global warming or learning what the hokey pokey is all about.

Mac Man said...

The hokey pokey is what it's all about, so he's pretty much got that one covered already.

Star Trek is a "new to you" thing. It came out before Star Wars (1994? 1995?), so the cards are really cheap. There are never enough games, which you of all people should know. Do you and hubby still do your game nights with friends, where you go and learn new board games?

I would also like to point out that I was the sole person to beat Mr. Cooper on Friday. And they ONLY reason he won the 3-player game is that he and Tom ganged up on my fully-loaded Enterprise and blew it up. That's just rude!

Ah, you've come a long ways my young padawan, since your days writing the world's lamest craps program on the TI-83 in Mr. Rowe's class. If I remember correctly, all of the possible number combinations were hard-coded into your program. Great memories! ;-)

Joel said...

HA!

I had totally forgotten about that craps program. It was the bomb. :)

Erik said...

yes, we still play geeky board games, although the crowd of people has shrunk as everyone in the group has had kids in the last few years. Hard to play games with 10 kids running around. But we get together with one other couple and play games on a regular basis, although we had to take 2 months off because they had a baby. Luckily we were able to get back into the games this last Saturday, which was a good thing. Especially since I won 2 of the 3 games we played.

Gina Cooper said...

Tim pointed out my hypocrisy! Oops :)
I still don't think Joel knows what the hokey pokey is all about though!