Monday, August 27, 2007

The Beginning of the End

Well, here I am.

This is my last week of employment at FLS. I will start at Priority Publications a week from tomorrow. This will be a big change, and is a change that I am both excited and a little nervous for. I'm sure everything will go well, but transitioning is always interesting.

I have been busy today, and will be finishing up a few projects this weeks, as well as training my semi-replacement (another IT guy who will be helping out in my absence while a more permanent replacement can be found). Fun stuff. Somewhere in there I'll get taken to lunch (and again on my first day at Priority). Ah, food is good, and is even better when its free.

5 comments:

Mac Man said...

You're not really taking the whole "there's no such thing as a free lunch" to heart, are you? ;-)

DVK said...

Have you figured out how long it will take you to get to your new office?

Joel said...

Probably 25-30 minutes, unless traffic turns evil.

DVK said...

"turns" evil? It already is.

I'm saying 45, at the risk of being pessimistic....

Cheryl said...

The time will depend on whether you have to go and come during rush hour. If you can work from 7-3 as you once mentioned, you may not have quite as much traffic. When does rush hour officially begin there?