Wednesday, August 08, 2007

And It's Gone

Love him, hate him, Barry Bonds is the new all-time home run king in Major League Baseball.

Personally, I don't get too much into the steroids issue. I don't know if he cheated, and if he did, how much it has affected his game. In the end, it doesn't really matter too much to me, I think it's a great accomplishment. Of course, Bonds is my favorite player, and has been since long before thought of any home run records, back to his days with the Pirates.

Anyway, it wouldn't surprise me if a certain Alex Rodriguez comes along as breaks this record a few years down the line.

Ah, I love sports.

And someday, my San Francisco 49ers will win the Super Bowl again, once again allowing me to shower. The world is waiting..... and starting to become rather odorous.

6 comments:

Janet said...

Honestly, I feel kind of bad for Bonds and all the crap he has to deal with. It's pretty unfortunate. Even if he ever was on steroids, so were a lot of other people. Possibly including some of the pitchers he faced, etc. It is a HUGE accomplishment. I say, good for him!

Unfortunately, you are probably right that A-Rod will break it, and it probably won't take all that long.

Joel said...

I'd have to agree there.

I'm sure each generation has there own ways of cheating, until MLB discovers it and monitors is closer. I'm sure, in 20 years, they'll be cheating some other way.

The Giesenator said...

Innocent until proven Guilty!

Joel said...

That's my theory too. :)

A. Bauer said...

Steroids or not I still say it was a much bigger feat for good ol' Hank....props to Bonds and all, but it's just not the same to me....

Mac Man said...

I don't really buy into the argument that it's okay to cheat, since everyone else is doing it too. That just doesn't fly.

It's obviously pretty hard to hit that many home runs regardless of what you're putting into your body (it's not just a strength thing), but I really hope somehow Bonds is innocent. Not likely, considering the physical evidence of the changes in his body late in life, and the testimony (and lake thereof) of others.

I don't really care who has the record, the best player should, but I do care that that person got there legitimately.