Friday, July 27, 2007

The Lords of Sargoff

As mentioned in the previous blog entry, we had Chipotle today. They had sent around a sign up sheet so people could get what they want (chicken burrito with pinto beans). Today, the burritos came in a box, each with that person's name written on it. And here I discovered the problem - none of them had my name on it. Then, there were two burritos that had "Vicki" written on it, though there is only one Vicki. Thus, I assumed one of them was mine. She had gotten black beans, and opened one of the burritos up to discover black beans, and I took the other one, only to discover, of course, that it also had black beans. So, I don't know if the burrito I ordered got given to someone else, or never made. Oh well. My burrito was wonderful.

Anyway, that's probably one of the least interesting blog paragraphs ever, huh? Yeah. Pretty much.

Well, I finished the seventh Harry Potter last night. Literally about a minute before hopping online for our regularly schedule Everquest time. I liked the book, but won't say anything about it, except that, overall, I think I rank the seven books like so: 5-6-7-4-3-2-1. I think. I'm sure I'll reread the series at some point, and will have to reconsider the order.

That being said, I won't have a lot of time for reading in the near future, because I'm going to be doing more writing. I'm starting writing another story, this one the longest and most ambitious yet. It is titled (though this may change) The Lords of Sargoff, and has the potential to reach novel length. Whether it will reach that potential is yet to be seen. I've filled over thirteen pages of notebook paper with notes for it (and I write small). I've completed the rough draft of the first chapter, which is about 9 pages single spaced in Microsoft Word (thus about 18 pages of novel length). It's quite possible that, after some more tweaking of the chapter, that I will post it here (or at least a link to it here; that's a bit long for a blog entry). It is a fantasy story, dealing with another world, some weird creatures, and other stuff. Who knows if it will be interesting or not. :)

Anyway, Friday is here, and card day is tomorrow, so life is good. :)

3 comments:

Gina Cooper said...

Sounds like a good story! I like fantasy :). I'm sure it will be better than Harry Potter!

DVK said...

Make sure you include ninjas! Everybody loves ninjas!

Mac Man said...

Glad to hear your burrito was wonderful. My dad and I got free burritos for lunch when we were painting. Chipotle had sent out mailings for a free burrito, little sis and I each got one, and they expired July 31. Add that all up, and you get "Quick, let's get a free burrito!" It was goooooood.