Thursday, July 12, 2007

Goodness Gracious, Great Bells of Fire

Last night, we had another softball game, and got mercy ruled again. I played in right-center field and then in left, and did okay, but missed a few balls I should have gotten. And I struck out on a pitch that seemed to fall out of the air (or I just swung badly), hehe. Ah well, good fun as always. We then went to Dairy Queen and I had a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard. Mmmmm..... chocolate and peanut butter.....

At 2:00 in the morning, my wife and I woke up to the apartment building's fire alarm. It was the most obnoxious fire alarm I've ever heard. Which, I suppose is a good thing, because it should be able to wake people up. The fire department came, and most of the firefighters stood around in the building's lawn, until it was finally turned off after about 40 minutes. Then it was off for about 30 seconds, then went back on for about 10 seconds, then was off for about another minute, then was on for another few seconds. It was pretty exciting.

"The fire's out... no it's not... yes it is... not it's not... I just don't know anymore...."

Today has been rather busy at work. I work on the Data Requests team here at FLS Connect, and the other half of the team (Nick) is off on vacation in China, so I am doing all the request work for two weeks. Which I don't mind at all, but it makes busy mornings that much more fun. I am taking my first break of the morning to write this wonderful (or, barely tolerable) blog entry.

I am going to work with the Reclamation battle rules, and possibly report that in tomorrow's blog entry. Very exciting, isn't it? :)

TISCSOTD: Tim is so cool, that he makes driving a Mercury Tracer look stylish.

1 comment:

Mac Man said...

Don't forget the illegal bat. Note to self, don't use an Easton Rebel softball bat.

As long as you were up so early this morning, instead of going back to bed, you should have worked on your Trek deck! Silly Cooper!

And yes, the Macmobile was very good...