Monday, July 23, 2007

Moving Day

Today, I moved to a different desk for the fifth time in two years and four months of employment at FLS. This move, however, may mean more than just cubicle location. A few months ago, I had been moved to a desk in order to be next to a guy that I was going to be working with more closely in the future (Mike). They were going to have me do some ASP work (website programming), working with Mike, who is the main ASP programmer.

In previous blog entries, I talked about maybe looking for a new job, partly because I didn't feel like this job was going anywhere. It always seems that my company is very slow at doing anything, and I don't want to be stuck in a job that has no growth potential. I had been hoping that my job would be expanding with the ASP stuff, but them moving me away from Mike (and my previous desk is now inhabited by a different ASP programmer) makes it very much seem that I may never do anything like that. Thus, I am trying to decide whether or not I should step up my job search. I really do like my company, and I like the job, but I wouldn't mind something different. I've started to lose motivation when it comes to my work. Kind of like Peter Gibbons. (Well, maybe not that far.) :)

Anyway, if you are so inclined, you may download the updated versions of the Reclamation Genesis printout and the rulebook. I have added attribute labels to the printout - let me know if you think anything else should be labeled.

3 comments:

Mac Man said...

I like the labels way much!

Mac Man said...

No post since Monday? Are you still alive? Oh wait, I guess I did see you last night. Never mind, you're just being lazy... ;-)

Cheryl said...

Joel,
I'm sorry you were moved away from the guy who does the web design. I know you would like to do more of that. We keep praying that you will find a better job.

The packing is going well. Give us a call sometime!! :)
love, Mom