Monday, July 02, 2007

The Frozen Tide

On Saturday, I went to ValleyFair. It was good fun, as always. I really, really love roller coasters. Wild Thing is still an excellent ride, and the new Renegade is also very fun. My favorite, however, is the Steel Venom - especially in the front seat. Oh, how excellent it is! While not a roller coaster, the X-Treme Swing is one of my other favorite rides. I do also like the Power Tower, though we didn't ride it on Saturday.

We also rode a ride called the Rip-Tide. It spins you upside-down and in circles and sprays you with water. It's kinda nuts, and isn't one of my favorite rides. That being said, we walked past it as we were leaving, and noticed that the ride was stuck, with a full load of people on board. They were high in the air, but (fortunately) sitting perfectly right-side up at the time. The ValleyFair marching band that walks around the park walked by and played them a few songs. Some of the people on board didn't really seem to mind, and clapped along with the band. Others (only 2 or 3) resorted to crying or screaming. One guy even kept on flipping off the crowd and yelling obscenities. Ah, some people are so mature. :)

They were probably stuck for about 20 or 25 minutes, and then they some how got it un-stuck. Earlier in the day, that ride had reported having "harness problems." Hmmm.... and why did I ride it? I haven't got a clue.

7 comments:

Mac Man said...

Did just you and the wife go?

The fiance and I went down to the stone arch bridge in Minneapolis and walked around down there for a couple hours on Saturday. It was pretty neat. They're working on restoring some of the old stonework from the mills along the river, which I found really interesting. The fiance, not so much.

Mac Man said...

And the truth came out this weekend. You went with the Marlins! It's a sad, sad, day...

Oh, by the way, we're not talking anymore...

Mac Man said...

Wanna play some cards? ;-)

Joel said...

I always want to play some cards. My life should be one big card game.

As long as I don't accidentally discard myself.

Mac Man said...

Or get blown up by a Borg cube.

Joel said...

That would never happen, would it? Multiple times in one day? :)

Mac Man said...

No, never.

And certainly not to more than one person.

Ever.