Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Abominable Snowman

I have started reading the sixth Harry Potter book, and am getting more excited for the movie, which comes out tomorrow. I believe we'll be seeing it on Saturday, most likely. But that may or may not be our only theatrical viewing. :)

I spent some time working on Reclamation. Here are some thoughts:
  • I removed the move phase, and added character movement to the creation/corruption phases. This should add to being able to set up your forces for an attack or a defensive. I am considering also making movements free (you used to have to discard a card from hand to switch to adjacent characters), but each character would still be limited to one move per phase.
  • I also wouldn't mind removing the two draw phases, and simply adding the drawing to other phases. This would drop the total number of turn phases down to 5, which is better than 8 or 9, as it has been in the past. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to do this, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.
  • I am considering adding something to limit damages from battles, hoping to prevent a player's army from being wiped out in a single battle, thus forcing a player to rebuild from scratch (and possibly being hopelessly behind after that). There are a few ways I have thought of so far that we could do it:
    • Limit one wound on each character that participated in that battle from battle damages. Thus, if you only have 5 characters in battle, you cannot take any more than 5 wounds from battle damages.
    • Limit the total damages from battle
      • Make the limit a specific number (like 10)
      • Limit damages to the number of opponent's participating characters
      • Limit damages to the number of your participating characters
  • In order to give the Heaven forces an advantage (as they should have), there will be several cards that can add to the plunder pile (which can then be used to help play cards for the Heaven forces).
Well, that's all for now, folks. Let me know of any thoughts you have on these. :)

TISCSOTD: Tim is so cool, that the Abominable Snowman lives in his basement.

2 comments:

Janet said...

How can you wait until Saturday?!? I'm going at midnight. Woot woot! I can't wait :)

Mac Man said...

I like your ideas for Reclamation changes. And now I know why Charlie spends so much time in my basement... He's making a friend!