Thursday, February 07, 2008

Stopped, Stopped, Stopped, Rolling

The job hunt has been frustrating sometimes, as I haven't really gotten very much response from companies. It took me about a month to get my first interview for a job I had real interest in. But sometimes, life gives you a happy little surprise. :)

I am now back at FLS, full time. :D I am rather excited. I am not doing the same job, which was working as a Database Analyst, but I will be working ASP.NET, which is used with web programming. In my last week or so at Priority, I had started going over some of the basics, but they let me go before I could get very deep. But now I am learning on the job and being taught by a guy who has 5 years of ASP.NET experience, and really knows his stuff. I really think this is an excellent opportunity for me to learn more.

I am technically on a 30 day trial period, as my boss had to really push his boss (Mr. Owner) to give me the chance at this job. I basically have 30 days to learn as much as I can about ASP.NET and then finish off a list of six items that need to be fixed on one of our Internet Web applications (a website used for looking up information about people's voting history). I am rather confident that I will be able to pass this trial period with flying colors and have no problem turning this into a permanent position. My salary is currently the same as it was when I left FLS, but that will be re-evaluated after the 30 day period. I believe a raise will be in order. :) The first day on the job has already taught me a lot.

It's weird that I had to leave FLS, work somewhere else for 3 1/2 months, be let go, and be unemployed for a month in order to have this opportunity. Life is funky sometimes. But the big man upstairs knows what he's doing. I'm just along for the ride.

The web host that is hosting my little Lords of Sargoff page is having difficulty, it seems, and the page is down, as it has been for a day or two. If it goes another day or two without fixing itself, I will move it to the hosting I have available elsewhere (Yahoo!).

LotD: Ameriquest Commercial. You may have seen this commercial before, but it's one of my all-time favorites. I find it rather funny.

2 comments:

DVK said...

Grats man! GL with ASP!

Cheryl said...

Praise the Lord!!! I know you will do well learning this new program. That is a great opportunity.
love, Mom