Monday, February 25, 2008

Reclaiming Randomization

I've looked over my Reclamation card game rules and have fixed a few things here and there. One thing I've always wanted to add is some kind of randomness factor, beyond the normal random order that you draw the cards. I think I've come up with one decent way to do it, but it kind of gets in the way of another part of the game (wounds). Who knows. The rules have already been rather tweaked and updated since the last time the game was playtested, but I hope to finish the tweaking, create a couple more decks and playtest it some more, with my Minnesota card players and possibly my brothers in Ohio, should I visit the region during the summer.

LotD: Read LotR online. The entire book texts of the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

4 comments:

DVK said...

I'm willing to help. I've been looking at setting up a card day in the end of March - how's that look for you?

Joel said...

The weekend of the 21st would work good, or most Monday, Thursday, or Friday nights. If we did plan something, I'd try to have a couple Reclamation decks by then.

DVK said...

Well, the weekend of the 21st is Easter - so that's out....

Any other options?

Joel said...

Any Friday night, or maybe a little later, the first weekend of April. Or a little earlier, the weekend before Easter. :)

My wife's schedule will soon be changing, making big Saturday card days less likely on some weeks (those weeks I can do it are the ones she goes down to Geneva).