Thursday, December 27, 2007

Oh, How Priorities Change

This may answer the question posed by Aaron on my last entry. :)

On Wednesday, the day after Christmas, I went into work as usual. I got to my desk, and my boss came in and asked if I had a minute. I went into the HR person's office and found out that I was being let go. That's right, I no longer have a job. I cleaned out my cubicle and left. I was there for maybe fifteen minutes. It was not due to anything incredibly wrong I had done, but it just seems that they simply didn't think I was the right fit for that position.

It is a little odd; I had just (as reported in a previous entry) had an interview at another company. After that, I realized how much I like my job at Priority and how I much I felt like this was the place I was supposed to be. Evidently, the big man upstairs (a.k.a. God) had other plans. I'm sure something else will come around. I've already contacted my previous employer (FLS), where I left on excellent terms, to see if maybe they could give me a job, even temporarily while I find something more permanent. I have one other job lead besides that as well. Something will come up.

Fortunately, my wife still has her job, and we've been doing rather well financially, so this shouldn't be that big of a setback, as long as I don't go too long without another job.

That being said, my increase in free time may allow me to spend more time writing The Lords of Sargoff story, and more time to play Everquest II and other such fun things.

Another little silly effect from me losing my job is regarding the Cooper Bowl page I had put up to track how my family members did when compared to each other in picking the winners of the college bowl games. I had hosted that on my work's server, which I no longer have access to. It also seems they are being quick, as that page has already been removed (as they must have just deleted my folder named joel on the server). Impressive.

So anyway, it's been an interesting couple days, and a joyous end to the Christmas season. :) In the end, though, I know that God has a plan for this, and I know good will come from it. Priority must not have been where I should be, at least not anymore. I look forward to seeing where life takes me.

Sadly, I had a bunch of websites that I could use for future Link of the Days and listed in a text file on my work computer. Which, of course, I no longer have access to. But no fear, I found one quickly today. Whew.

LotD: Card-Stacking Record Broken. Holy cow.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Really sorry to hear the news. I had that happen to me once, too. It's not fun. But I'm sure something better will come along like it did for me.

Mac Man said...

No need to fear, you have Coop powers!

DVK said...

Bummer. At least you have some time. Maybe you should come work with me?

If you need something let me know.
-DVK

Gina Cooper said...

I love your attitude on everything! You are an amazing person!
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." ~Jeremiah 29:11

DVK said...

Now that you have all this wonderful free time shouldn't we be getting more blog updates? :-)