Monday, January 07, 2008

The Unseen Road Ahead

Yes, you would think that, without a job, I would be blogging more. :) Well, I hopefully will be now, and will try to keep my massive blogging audience up-to-date with my job hunt.

When I left my job at FLS, a woman there gave me the name of a person and a company that I could contact in case my new job didn't work out. And, of course, it didn't. I have now found out that she is the sister-in-law of the President of the Lucidiom, Inc. Not too bad of a connection, but then again, the company is in Virginia. I have contacted them, but unless they allow telecommuting or have a Minneapolis branch, that option won't go anywhere.

I am waiting to hear back from my boss at FLS to see if they will take me on again, even temporarily. Hopefully they do, but who knows. The timing has made things interesting, as my boss was out for a few days, and then his boss (the owner of the company) was out for a week. But I am hoping to get an answer within the next couple days.

God works in strange ways sometimes. I know that everything will work out for us just fine, but things like this make me question exactly what my purpose is on this planet. I enjoy computers, but I don't often feel that that's really where I'm supposed to be. I enjoy writing and see more purpose in it, but don't know exactly what to do with it. Ah, the future will be interesting. :) On that thought, I plan on being able to put a good amount of time into The Lords of Sargoff over the next week. I'm pretty excited.

LotD: Possible Eighth Harry Potter Book. Maybe, maybe not.

2 comments:

DVK said...

Your purpose is to make a sandwich - I'm hungry and it's almost lunch time....


:-)

Cheryl said...

Joel, just keep searching and be open to where God leads. He will bring you into His plan and vocation for this life. Remember, to follow God, He often asks us to do things (like move) that we don't really want to do. Just look at Dad and Me for an example of that. :) Whatever, His plan and timing are perfect.
we love you lots, Mom