Thursday, December 13, 2007

An Offer You Can't Refuse

We won the first two games of volleyball last night, including an impressive comeback in game 2. I believe we were down 19-13 (you play to 21 and you have to win by 2), and I think we ended up winning 24-22, or 25-23. It was pretty much wonderful. Sadly, though, we lost the last game (close though, at 21-18), ending the night with a record of 8-1, which is acceptable. That being said, the way I understand it, we'll have another week, then our league will be split in 2 parts, and our records will be reset. Funky.

Ever since I started working at Priority, life seems to have gotten busier, which may be part of the cause of my reduction in blog posts recently. Darn life!

Oddly enough, I had a job interview recently, even though I wasn't looking for a job. A former coworker and good friend of mine recommended me for a position at his company. Even though I enjoy my current job and like the company, I decided to keep my eyes open, in case a better opportunity should arise. That being said, I went into it knowing the chance of a job switch were rather low. I would have had to feel incredibly good about the switch in order to consider it. It would have had to be an excellent opportunity, both occupationally and financially. Basically, in the end, it would have been a good job with interesting work, but I would have taken a major pay cut. Which is not so wonderful. So that, combined with the fact that they thought my experience in some areas was a little light, means I'm staying put at Priority, which is really where I feel I should be at the moment. So it all worked out. :)

Yeah, that's right. I'm a Godfather now. I have been made Godfather of "bnt" - pronounced "bunt" - which stands for "baby number two." [Side note - this is one of those pieces of information that most of the people who read this blog already know, hehe.] This is, of course, the unborn baby currently in sister-in-law Gina's belly, and will probably come bursting out in the somewhat near future. It's pretty neato. As long as horse heads don't start appearing in my bed, and I don't get blamed for a mass murder and get shipped off to a prison guarded by scary floating creatures that can suck your soul out, life should be good.

DotD: Star Trek Urns and Caskets. Just in case your love of Star Trek goes just a bit beyond a hobby.

1 comment:

A. Bauer said...

I'm really hoping you haven't discussed these caskets and urns with the wife....