Monday, December 17, 2007

Grenk Shall Smite You

On Friday night, I went to see the movie I Am Legend, staring Will Smith, a dog, and maybe a couple other people. I did rather like the movie, and would recommend it. I bet the book would be a good read.

Talking about books, I started reading Dan Brown's Angels and Demons. We'll see how ambitious I am when it comes to reading. I will either read it rarely or fly through it.

On other exciting news (to some of you), I have created a new Everquest II character that I plan on playing a fair amount. His name is Vython (named after a character in the Lords of Sargoff story I am working on), and he is an Arasai (which is a fancy term for evil fairy). He is pretty cool looking. He is a necromancer, which means he has a pet (currently a giant bat named Grenk) that follows him around and that I can send out to fight for me. I also have lots of spells that do damage. It's pretty sweet.

As I believe I mentioned previously in a blog entry, each year, certain family members and I pick the winners to the college football bowl games. This is a little dorky in itself, yet I have taken in a step farther this year, and have created a web page that can track how we are doing compared with each other as the bowl games are played. I'll post the address to the page in a future entry (the bowl games start in 3 days, so somewhere around then), and then my reading audience can follow along at home (or at least revel in my dorkiness).

LotD: FillerItem. Find an item on Amazon with the exact price you need to qualify for free shipping. How goofy.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I really liked Angels and Demons. I thought it was better than The Davinci Code. And if you haven't read Digital Fortress, I'd suggest it. As a geek, I thought it was pretty good.

Mac Man said...

Funny, I've always thought of you as an evil fairy...

Joel said...

Just don't say that you don't believe in fairies, or I may drop dead.

Mac Man said...

Interesting experiment in the wings...