Friday, April 27, 2007

Torii Hunter's Face

Well, it seems that Torii Hunter should recover just fine after getting hit in the mouth with a fastball in yesterday's Twins game, where they defeated the Royals in 11 innings. Why couldn't I have gone to that game instead? :) Ah well. I'm glad they won, as did my other two teams - the Boston Red Sox and the the San Francisco Giants. Ah, it was a good day for my baseball world.

A few more thoughts about Reclamation. When I designed the game, here are a couple things I had in mind.

1. Multiplayer. I wanted it to be be easily multiplayer, so a game could work with 2, 3, 4, or maybe even more players. Some games (like the Star Wars game we've played) are 2 player games, and trying to play a 4 player game can be difficult.

2. Deck cycling and distribution. One thing I've not liked about some games is that sometimes, your hand gets overloaded with cards you don't need, and it takes a while to get rid of those cards so you can draw new cards. It really slows down your game and what you're trying to do. I designed this game so you can cycle through your deck faster and easily get rid of cards in your hand that you don't want right now. This will also improve distribution (getting the cards you need faster). This should (in theory) create a faster-paced, more exciting game.

To continue my rise into the upper echelons of Nerdhood, I am going to test this game out within the next week or two, to see if it even functions the way I think it will, and then I can maybe fix any glaring problems I find. Obviously, if this game were ever to actually be made, it would require large amounts of time spent in playtesting the game and its cards.

4 comments:

Mac Man said...

Sign me up! Sign me up!

Just not for another 8 days...

Janet said...

I don't think I can be friends with you anymore if you cheer for other teams too!

Joel said...

They, of course, rank lower than the Twins. I would always root for the home team! :)

Janet said...

Well that's good. I guess I can maybe be friends with you then.