Monday, April 02, 2007

Dreamland

Yeah that's right, Phase 15. We're a little looney here at the Cooper Household. :)

Dreams are strange things. I've had lots of weird dreams over the years, most of which quickly fall out of my memory. Many of my dreams are long and complicated, but I don't really remember what they were about or what happened. I just remember them being long and complicated. How quaint.

Here's a few dreams I remember that are a little odd.

I've had several dreams where I was inside of a computer game, like Doom or Unreal Tournament. I had the guns and could run around killing people. In one particular dream, I knew I was inside of a team game of Doom, and I was shooting and killing my teammates for fun, then laughing at them when they respawned. It was good fun.

I once dreamt that my dad was trying to kill me. He was chasing me with a silver pistol. That being said, my dad is a minister and would never hurt anyone, let alone his own son. And I have no buried deep-down resentment for my father that you might think would cause a dream like this. Sooo... I dunno.

My wife has a small white dog named Ruffles. Before we were married, I once had a dream that I crushed and killed the dog with a large fork while the dog's body was trapped in a doorway. While Ruffles is more annoying than cute and I prefer cats to dogs, I have no desire to murder the little thing.

I used to be deathly afriad of dating. In high school, I had a crush on a girl, and one night she appeared in a dream of mine. We were sitting somewhere talking, and then we leaned in and were going to kiss. At that very moment, right before the kiss, I was awakened by my mother who was getting me up to go to church. What a rip off, eh? :) (I ended up "dating" her for a few weeks, though we never actually went on a date, and I was so nervous that I barely talked to her - oh what a ladies man.)

3 comments:

Mac Man said...

Would I be correct in assuming that this "girl" you mention is none other than Miss ICQ?

Joel said...

That would be a correct assumption. :)

For others not in "the know": proof of my dating nervousness is provided by the fact that, with this girl, I was asked to Prom over ICQ (an instant messenger), asked out over ICQ, and dumped over email. Ah, the good ole days.

In addition to that fun info, the first few dates for myself and my wife were planned over email. But, before you ask, no, I did not propose to her over the Internet. :)

Mac Man said...

A whole week with no more posts? Are you and Megan playing Phase 100 now or something? :-)