Thursday, April 26, 2007

Reclaiming the Twins

Last night, I took my wife to her first Twins game. That's right - she's been living in this state for 23 years, and she'd never been to one. Of course, she's not much of a sports person, and I was expecting her to think the whole thing was rather boring, but she actually ended up enjoying it. She found some of the slower parts of the game boring, but overall, she liked it. She got a little nervous when foul balls came nearby, but I told her that I would make sure not hit her (as I had my glove in hand). I've never caught a foul ball before (came really really really close once), and no such luck yesterday either. Oh well. I got the tickets for free from work - they were pretty good seats, just barely to the third base side of home plate, in the 25th row. Basically connected in a straight line with first base and home plate. We bought an over priced hot dog because Megan had never had a ball park hot dog and had always heard about them, but was not so impressed that she would drop $4.75 on one again. :)

That being said, the Twins lost 4-3 to the Royals, giving up two 2-run home runs to Kansas City. Torii Hunter hit a home run and came mere feet from a second one, and a running mistake by Alexi Casilla might have cost the Twins a chance at more runs. Ah well, it was still a good game, even though the Twins have now lost 4 straight. Not so good at all!

I have posted the Genesis card list and rulebook here on my website for your viewing and reading pleasure (or something like that), or those people who are so inclined to review it. If you do, please let me know of anything that doesn't make sense or seems a little silly. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. The rulebook, I'm sure, is neither complete nor perfect. The card list will soon be updated with links to the card images I've created. That website can be a little slow from time to time, but bear with it. It'll come around.

5 comments:

Mac Man said...

Was the "really really really really close" time when Tom caught the Piersynski (not even going to look that one up) ball? Hard to forget him leaping across everyone and dumping pop on Katie in his excitement. Wasn't it like the last game of the year when there was talk about contraction? And then of course, when he went to Twins Fest the next year to have it signed, AJ said something like "Yeah, I hit a lot of those."

Well, I'm going to read through that rulebook sometime. Probably won't make it through the whole thing for about 9 days. That's all that's left of school! Woohoo!

Joel said...

That would be the one. :) Only like an inch from my outstretched glove. Oh the sadness!

Janet said...

We won today!

Joel said...

Yay! :)

A. Bauer said...

You can NEVER go through life in Minnesota without having a Dome Dog....