Saturday, August 30, 2008

The King Has Returned

And Bill Ferny has been sent away.

This week, I finished reading Return of the King, thus finally completing the Lord of the Rings trilogy, which I thoroughly enjoyed (of course). I order them differently than the movies, according to my preference. The movies I enjoyed in this order: Return of the King, The Fellowship of the Ring, and then The Two Towers. For the books however, it was ordered as Towers, RotK, then Fellowship. It was interesting to see some of the differences between the books and the movies. I knew some already though, like the Elves at Helm's Deep. I'm happy to finally have read them.

Moving forward, I have begun reading the Artemis Fowl series, which my wife very much enjoys. I read about half the first book yesterday. It is, of course, much faster reading than Lord of the Rings. Even though the first Artemis book is 390 pages, about the same page counts as the Rings books, its word count is less than half. Even The Lords of Sargoff has a higherword count. Anyway, I like the book so far. So far there are 6 books in the series, and I don't think it'll take me that long to get through the whole thing (though it will be slower as I head into election season - less free reading time).

On Sunday, I am going to the Minnesota State Fair. Lots of overpriced, unhealthy, but rather tasty food. They have deep friend candy bars (which are some of the most delicious things ever), and some other unique things, including chocolate covered bacon. I will probably be trying things at the fair that I can't usually get or make myself - like they have alligator, which I may try this year. It'll be interesting, at any rate.

I am currently happy with the state of The Lords of Sargoff, and am very interested to see what people say about it after reading. I may put my attention now to finishing off my website, and then maybe look more at Reclamation, for the time being.

LotD: Catwoman. I don't know if this is real news, but it's an interesting thought. If it really is the "absolute opposite," as described, it could work. If you've seen The Dark Knight, just click the link already.

1 comment:

DVK said...

So did you try the pig lickers (choc. covered bacon)? I liked them...

Glad you finally read LotR - I can now move you to the 'allowed to live' list. :-)

I'm due to get a 3rd reading of that series one of these days myself, if only there wasn't so much to do....