Friday, August 01, 2008

Goodness is Coming

It is true that I have seen The Dark Knight twice already, but is that nearly enough for such an amazing piece of cinema? Heck no. Thus, quite possibly, the third time's a charm tonight. I'm pretty excited. I do love this movie. It current sits at #10 on my list, just behind Gladiator and The Matrix, but it is threatening to move up and overtake at least one of them.

In other news, I am taking my wife on a secret date night on Saturday night. I'll tell you more what it consists of in an entry next week, but I think she'll like it.

I have been increasing my work on The Lords of Sargoff, and have nearly read through the whole thing in the last few days. I then have a list of changes or additions to make. I have also made quite a bit of notes concerning plot lines for the second book, which I have preliminarily titled The Second War, though who knows what the heck it'll be in the end. I have a bit of work left on book one. I should be posting a new version of it within the next two weeks, for anyone who feels up to rereading it. I am then hoping to start sending it to literary agents and publishers by the end of the year. I feel, at 60,000 words (approximately 250 pages), that the story is mostly complete; most of the work on it now is minor tweaking.

LotD: Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince Teaser Trailer. About time, huh?

1 comment:

Gina Cooper said...

Thank you for Annie! We watched it yesterday - Jenna loved the beginning but then got bored. She'll like it more when she gets older.

You have Juno listed as 24. We watched it for the first time a few days ago. It was good but I"m surprised you placed it so high.