Friday, August 08, 2008

Ah, Stuff

Welcome to another exciting edition of Chromiden's Chronicles. Last week, as I stated in a previous entry, I took my wife on a secret date. She had no idea where we were going. Everything ended up going well. We drove from the Twin Cities to Rochester (about an hour and a half drive) and ate at a place called The Canadian Honker, as recommended to me by the newly-blogging Mrs. Marlin. It was rather good. The appetizer we got - onion rings - were deemed by my wife to be the best onion rings she'd ever had. Pretty impressive. She had a burger for the main course, and I had (as is rather usual for me at almost any restaurant) chicken strips, which were rather yummy. It was a wonderful meal. We then went to the second surprise of the night, in Stewartville (about 10 minutes from Rochester) - where we were entertained by the Stewartville Community Theater's production of Beauty and the Beast. It was a pretty good show and, most importantly, my wife liked it. So it was a good day.

We are now planning something that we haven't done in a while, which is a fancy-type dinner at home where each of us makes part of the meal, but where we surprise each other with what we're making. Unlike the first two times we did this, it has been decided that I will be making the main course. I need to start figuring out what to make, though I do have some ideas. I have other a month to plan, but I better think about it, so I don't forget. Whoops.

Here, using the rapid-fire approach, are some other random updates from my life.
  • I finished The Two Towers today, and will be beginning Return of the King very shortly. Unlike with the movies, I enjoyed this book more than Fellowship of the Ring. Who knows why. But I am amused that the orcs around Cirith Ungol said hello to each other by saying "Hola!" I didn't realize that Mordor was that close to Spain.
  • On the secret date trip described previously, my car hit the fun number of 180,000 miles. Another year or so and it'll hit the sweet number of 200,000 miles. Who knows if it'll make it. But we're prepared to pay cash for a car once either one of our cars kicks the bucket (her car is around 150,000 miles; so both are nearing the end, most likely). While I will miss my car, I am rather looking forward to car (or truck) shopping.
  • I have done a bit of work on my new Cooproductions website. As I've stated before, I'm most excited to have a better place to post Lords of Sargoff updates and images and other game information from Reclamation and Myridia.
  • We are going to ValleyFair tomorrow. How sweet is that?
LotD: Stefan Didak's Home Office Desktop. I think he needs more monitors.

2 comments:

DVK said...

180,000 miles? Is that it? You got a long ways to on that puppy!

Cheryl said...

Joel, I checked your web site and you can't actually read the cooproductions!!! Imagine that!!!

You and Megan can come cook for us any time!!
love you, Mom