Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I Am A Fan Of Food

Last Saturday, my wife and I had date night. We each made part of the meal, with the other not knowing what the other made. I was assigned the part of making the main dish and the appetizer, while my wife made dessert. For the appetizer, I made Kielbasa Appetizers, which were rather good, I'd say. I even included the beer, though at first I wasn't going to. The main course was Teriyaki Marinated Chicken, which I marinated in the teriyaki sauce for 48 hours. It was also rather good. My wife made chocolate candies which were delicious.

One of the unfortunate consequences of increased busyness at work is that I will be blogging less during the next couple months. Sad, isn't it? I know. But, alas. We are already feeling the increase in workload due to the election. We have been placed on a rotation for being on-call at night, and will be in the office on Saturday for the third weekend in the last month. Not for doing the work itself, but for preparing for the election cycle. It's very exciting. But... alas. One of the other unfortunate consequences of the increased workload and later hours means I get less time to read and write, and work on other things that I am excited to work on (Reclamation, and the decks for the card games I play).

I am happy that I have people reading Lords of Sargoff. While there is still more work to do on that book, I find myself often thinking about starting writing on the second book. I already have the opening scene in my head, and I've already taken notes on many of the key plot points throughout the book. At some point, I'll probably start working on it, but I have other things on my to-do list first.

LotD: Fences. I'd like the roller coaster fence, though it seems rather nonfunctional. :)

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Your dinner sounds delicious. What did you serve with the chicken?

I guess a presidential election is even busier that the others, right?

See you in October,
love, Mom