Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Fifty-Eight Thousand Words, Just For You

I have uploaded the newest version of The Lords of Sargoff. For those interested in reading it, you can download it in the following formats:
For those up to the challenge of reading it, I hope you will give me honest and brutal feedback on what you thought of it. I am looking for any and all such things:
  • Grammar and spelling errors
  • Plot holes (things don't make sense storywise - big or small)
  • Sections that don't flow, or don't seem to fit - sections of bad writing :)
  • People and places that have dumb names (or names that don't fit)
  • Things that are not explained enough, or explained too much
  • Words that are overused
  • Parts of the story that are too similar to "fantasy cliches"
  • Anything that you think may improve the story
If this it to be someday accepted for publication, it needs to be as without flaws as possible, so hold nothing back. :)

LotD: Periodic Table of Awesoments. I'm amused that #11 doesn't have an abbreviation.

3 comments:

DVK said...

I'll do my best to start reading and get back to you! Is it OK if I mark up the word doc and send it back?

Joel said...

Mark the heck out of it. As long as I can see your comments, that'd work just fine.

DVK said...

so no white fonts? :-)