Friday, November 30, 2007

Nerdiness++

Well, Johan Santana may be leaving the Twins, same with Torii Hunter. Too bad, but I suppose that happens in baseball. That being said, I am excited about the prospect of the Red Sox acquiring Santana (my #2 team), and would much rather him go to Boston than to the Yankees. (On a side note, at work today, I am wearing the Red Sox World Series T-shirt that my mom bought for Christmas. Ah, the joy of casual Fridays.)

On Wednesday night, we started our volleyball season, winning all 3 games. That part in itself sounds impressive, but we were playing against a team that had only 4 players (against our 6). But we'll take the wins anyway. I made some wretchedly bad plays. I am, of course, rusty, but my goodness, some of those were absolutely horrible. :) But alas. I need to slow down and concentrate harder when playing. This is always been a problem of mine when playing sports. But anywho, it was good fun, and I look forward to the rest of the season.

I am excited to open Star Trek cards on Saturday. This set should add "new" things to the game and make it more interesting. I always like opening new cards. It's just good fun. On other Star Trek related news, I am nearing completion of watching all the Star Trek movies. I had previously only seen 2 of them, but now I have seen all but one (Insurrection). But I have been watching all of them chronologically, and have 3 left - First Contact, Insurrection, and Nemesis. Then it'll be back to the taped episodes. Ah, it's always good to add to one's nerdiness.

My wife's work schedule will be changing. Her schedule is funky (as it always has been), working some days, some evenings, and some weekends. But now she'll actually have 2 days off (Thursday and Friday), which will be her "weekend," since she'll be working both Saturday and Sunday.

LotD: The Gettysburg Powerpoint Presentation. Oh, if only Lincoln had had his laptop handy.

No comments: