Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving with the Elves

Well, I am back from my Thanksgiving trip to Ohio. Oddly enough, the people I visited with in Columbus make up a good chunk of my reading audience. So if you were there, this may just be a recap. Fun for you, huh?

Anywho, the drive down on Tuesday was long and boring. The "highlight" was seeing three semi trucks driving down the interstate in Iowa, each with what appeared to be a large windmill propeller as its cargo. Very exciting! We had McDonald's for lunch and Wendy's for supper, and got to Columbus at approximately 8:30. We chatted with Erik about both girly and manly topics, and I played a game of Lord of the Rings (the card game) with Erik, and I emerged victorious. Gina then came home and the four of us played Ra, a board game we've played with them before and rather enjoy.

We had our Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday with, I believe, a total of 11 people. The food was yummy. Over the course of the rest of the trip, Erik and I played 4 games of Rings (which we split), and we watched a fair amount of football.

On that note, I am rather excited that Ohio State still has a shot at the national championship game. All I have to say is: Go Oklahoma!

We played several other games, including pool, and had an all-around good time. We also swapped Christmas gifts, as we won't be able to be there on Christmas. We then packed up and left Sunday morning at 5:00 a.m. We had McDonald's again for lunch, then stopped along at a Steak-N-Shake for a chocolate milkshake and a Frisco burger. Both we also wonderfully delicious.

Along our long drive back, Megan and I talked a good bit about The Lords of Sargoff. She had read the chapters that I had posted and I had talked to her a little bit about other parts of the story, but she didn't know everything. Until now - she knows pretty much all the details of the story that I have developed so far. So now she can tell me whether or not the story is just plain silly. :) Hehe, she thought everything was good, and rather thought a few parts were quite good. I am going to be upping the amount of time I work on it, and will also starting reading more myself, as that is a good thing for people trying to improve upon their writing skills.

Anywho, I should (hopefully) now be back to my regularly scheduled blogging. Happy (belated) Thanksgiving everyone!

LotD: Top 30 Failed Technology Predictions. Yeah, that'll never happen.

1 comment:

Mac Man said...

Ms. Fiance's dad actually looked into a job recently at a place in Iowa where they make those large wind generator blades.They're kind of large, huh?

I'm pretty sure the Gopher's are going to just squeak past Ohio State for the championship. Yep, pretty sure.