Saturday, November 17, 2007

THE Ohio State University

My wife is old. Well, she's still 544 days younger than me, she's slightly more aged than she was just a few days ago. Her birthday went just fine. Sadly for her, she worked at night on her birthday (Thursday), but we had our little birthday dinner and gift giving on Wednesday night. She was rather happy to get the previously mentinoed nesting doll as her birthday present. I then took her out to Red Lobster (mmm... my second favorite restaurant), which was most excellent. I also brought her a piece of Godiva Cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory (the favorite restaurant of both of us). It was all rather wonderful.

If you're wondering, I calculated that I was 544 days older than Megan on one of my many 11 hour drives between Ohio and Minnesota. I also wasted time alphabetizing my friend's senior pictures and ordering my spare change by date. That's a long time to be in a car alone. :)

Our Christmas tree is already up, and it's not even Thanksgiving. We usually don't put it up until the day after Thanksgiving, but we'll be gone until that next Sunday, and my wife didn't want to wait that long. So we retrieved our tree from the garage of a couple friends of ours, and put it up this last week. We're so goofy.

I am currently watching the Ohio State Buckeyes as they play Michigan. Even though Ohio State lost to Illinios last week, making it much less likely they'll be in the national championship game (though they're not completely out of it), if they beat Michigan, all will be redeemed. They're currently winning 14-3 in the third quarter. They better not blow it. :)

LotD: A Look Inside the World's Only Toilet House. Yes, it's exactly what it sounds like.

3 comments:

A. Bauer said...

Note to self: never ride in a car with Joel organizing his spare change or alphabetizing senior pictures....

Joel said...

Things get a little crazy when I get behind the wheel.

And I've met a few nice police officers over the years who may agree.

j said...

oh my goodness - I alphabetized senior pictures without being bored. How else should they be displayed?!

I think the change thing is a great idea; I can't believe I haven't thought of that before. I'm going to Missouri in a month, and I know what I'm doing!!! I'm saving up all my change:)