Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Big Two-Four

It's been a busy week. My company, Priority, has just recently gotten into web design, and we are finishing up the website for our very first web client. You can see the site we created here. My work on the project was purely programming, and I did nothing with the graphics or design of the site. But it's seemed to turn out okay, though it is not final yet.

My wife is down in Geneva, and will be until Wednesday. Then, Wednesday night, we will go out to eat to celebrate her birthday (which is Thursday) and she will get her present from me, which is one of those funky "nesting dolls" that I found at store in the Mall of America. (Don't worry, my wife is not at a place where she had Internet access to read that, and if she did, she doesn't read my blog anyway). :) I'm sure she will like it, as it is one of her collections. It was what I thought was the nicest in the price range, as some of those nesting dolls at that store can be a couple hundred dollars or more.

LotD: Daylight-Saving Causes Twin Arrival Pickle. Born later, and yet legally older. What a sweet deal that is, eh?

3 comments:

Jen said...

What kind of programming did you do for that website? Are you talking about backend databases, etc?

Joel said...

Yep, ASP/VBScript to connect to a SQL Server database. I still have to create an admin tool so they can add and delete records themselves.

DVK said...

Ah SQL.... *shudder*

Nesting dolls? You mean those Russian ones? (I forget the name...matryoshka?)