Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Three Hundred

On Sunday, Megan and I went to see the movie 300, viewed on Marcus Theatre's Ultrascreen. We both liked the movie, both giving it a score of 8/10. Megan said the movie was very pretty and very well done, so it got a lot of points for quality, but it was a little bloodier than she'd prefer, so it lost some points for enjoyability. For myself, I thought the battle scenes were fantastic, but it lost some points due to some unnecessary nudity. However, I liked the action sequences and the tone of the movie. I am currently redoing my list of favorite movies, so I don't know where this will end up yet, but I would guess it would land in the top 30 or so.

It turns out that the Marcus theatre we go to is playing some "older" movies on the Ultrascreen. They are currently playing Jaws, and I believe will soon be playing Ghostbusters and Terminator, the last of those I would thoroughly enjoy seeing on the big screen. All I have to say is, if they ever play Star Wars or something like that, I am going to go see it. Cause that would be sweet.

4 comments:

Mac Man said...

I am dreaming of The Muppet Christmas Carol on the Ultrascreen right now...

"I'm creating scarcity, it drives the prices up." - Rizzo the Rat

A. Bauer said...

I'm very excited to see 300, but I have no idea when I'm going to get there.

The Giesenator said...

if they have star wars.. im pretty sure i would go there.. no matter how far of a distance

Joel said...

Star Wars on the big screen is worth any distance. :)