Monday, March 19, 2007

My Blood Type Is Nerd Positive

I cannot deny the truth. I am an impressive mixture of geek, dork, and nerd. Why cover up the facts? Thus, I shall broadcast it to whatever poor people read my blog. Below is my newly-updated list of favorite movies. Previously, my list of movies included only those movies that I somewhat liked (it contained 190 or so movies). Now the list contains every movie I have ever seen that I remember enough to judge. This list is ordered from my favorite movie of all time (see below) to my least favorite movie of all time (Breakfast at Tiffany's), and includes 365 movies. Don't worry, I won't put the list here, but below is my top 50. The fact that the top 7 spots are claimed by Lord of the Rings and Star Wars movies only solidifies my geekiness. I even have thick glasses to top it off. The Mac Man will be pleased at the relative positions of #28 and #35, but will become severely depressed at the drop suffered by #30, which used to be in the top 15.

1 Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, The
2 Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The
3 Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
4 Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, The
5 Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
6 Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
7 Star Wars: A New Hope
8 Gladiator
9 Matrix, The
10 Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl
11 Serenity
12 Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe, The
13 Signs
14 Shrek
15 King Kong (2005)
16 Braveheart
17 Matrix: Reloaded, The
18 Star Wars: Attack of the Clones
19 Star Wars: The Phantom Menace
20 X-Men: The Last Stand
21 Cars
22 Fight Club
23 Se7en
24 X-Men
25 Minority Report
26 Saving Private Ryan
27 Office Space
28 Princess Bride, The
29 300 (2007)
30 Shawshank Redemption, The
31 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
32 Raiders of the Lost Ark
33 Terminator III: Rise of the Machines
34 Terminator
35 I, Robot
36 X2: X-Men United
37 Troy
38 Terminator II: Judgment Day
39 Toy Story II
40 Batman Begins
41 Sixth Sense, The
42 Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
43 Toy Story
44 Napoleon Dynamite
45 Incredibles, The
46 Collateral
47 Patriot, The
48 V For Vendetta
49 Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
50 Day After Tomorrow, The

5 comments:

The Giesenator said...

My favorite by far has got to be Shawshank Redemption. Great movie.

Gina Cooper said...

WOW!!!!!!! I am green with envy at your list making ability! I can't wait to go through the list to see the full glory! I need to update my list too. Your database system makes more sense than my html. I have to reorder everything and that is just a pain! I'll have to steal your code!

A. Bauer said...

I have to say I'm impressed with your choices....nice work!!

Joel said...

Ironically, I was almost considering taking the lists and putting them back into HTML (or using #includes to grab them from text files) for the next time I redo the website, which of course, may be awhile.

Mac Man said...

Finally, the "Princess Bride" lands above "I, Robot" as it should!

Of course now I have to pick on you that Harry Potter ended up above Toy Story I and II, Napoleon Dynamite, and The Patriot.

One small step at a time, I suppose...