Wednesday, March 14, 2007

And They Say There's No God

There are some things in life that make me wonder how anyone can believe there's no God. One of these things is a sunset or a sunrise. It's like God painted it right there on the horizon. It's amazing to me to think that people believe this world is one big cosmic accident when I see things like this. The Bible says that God's presence and existence is obvious through His creation, and I see that presence everywhere. Everything else in His creation shouts his existence too, from the majesty of the mountains to the power of a roaring river, and from the vast varieties of Earth's creatures to the faces of his people. Everything points to the wonder of God.

1 comment:

Mac Man said...

Hmmm, reminds me of something I read recently on Slashdot, related to a recent talk by Stephen Hawking who said he believed the universe was created when nothingness exploded and created the expanding universe. A poster on Slashdot (look Mom, a talking poster!) was asking which was more likely:

1. Nothing suddenly exploding and created the universe.

2. Nothing suddenly exploded and creating a complex, all-powerful being, who then decided to create the universe.

That's a nice, simple, flawed argument for the Big Bang theory. Neither of those two possibilities seem very logical or likely to me. How does nothing explode and produce anything? I think the poster forgot about this option:

3. God has always existed. He didn't need someone or something to create him. He existed outside the nothingness that was the universe until he created it. He is more powerful and awesome than our simple explanations of his existence that we use to put him in a box that we can understand.

Now that makes sense to me.