Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Pirates of the Trifle

One more quick movie note. This morning, I watched the first trailer for Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, which releases on May 25. It looks like it has definite potential, and my wife and I have already decided that we are going to see this one in the theatre. I am already pumped. If you feel like it, surf your way over to Yahoo! Movies and check it out.

On Saturday, my wife and I had a special little dinner. She made the main course and the side dishes, and I made dessert. However, the twist is that neither of us knew what the other was making until dinner time, which makes it a little fun. Megan made pork roast for her main course, which was very good. For dessert, I created a chocolate trifle, which was also rather tasty, even though we don't have an actual trifle dish, so I made it in a bowl, and I didn't repeat the layers (not enough room). So, while it might not have been as pretty as the picture on the recipe, it was still mmmm-mmmm-good. While the trifle was still rather easy, it was a step up for me with baking (in the past, I've made mix-in-a-box cakes and cookies, that's about it). So I'm working my way up. The next time we do this type of dinner, I will likely do the main course and side dishes. So, well, that'll be interesting.

3 comments:

Gina Cooper said...

What did she make?

Mac Man said...

Mac and Cheese? Soup? Hotdogs? Water?

Joel said...

Shhh! You'll give away the big surprise! :)