Thursday, March 08, 2007

Randomness

As my wife and I were driving away from a friend's house on Sunday night, I pulled up behind a car at a red light. The light turned green, and the car in front of me went forward. A second after it had cleared the intersection, a car came along from the left, running its red light. I don't know if the guy was in a hurry or was not paying attention or something like that, but if I had been closer to the car in front of me, I would have been blindsided by the other driver. And you know, that would have been a bummer.

We may go see the movie 300 on Sunday. It looks to have the potential to be good, and I hope it lives up to expectations. Battle scenes, all sorts of good stuff. It'd be even better if I could fast forward through the pointless sex and nude scenes that I've read are in it. I'm hoping to be able to see it on the Ultrascreen, but we'll see. We haven't been to a movie in ages. I don't know if I've been to a theatre since we went to see Pirates 2.

On the topic of movies, this summer should be excellent. I am looking forward to the following movies, listed in order of excitement:

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Transformers
The Bourne Ultimatum
Shrek the Third
Spider-Man 3
Ocean's Thirteen

All but one are sequels. Thus is Hollywood I suppose.

3 comments:

Mac Man said...

All are sequels except one, and that one isn't exactly a new idea either. Oh well, there are a ton of sequels (and trilogies, hint, hint) that I really like, so I'm not too worried about it.

I have no idea what 300 is though. Must have missed my radar, which is not uncommon. I haven't been to a lot of movies lately either. I did finally see Pirates 2 after it came out of DVD. Not as good as 1, and a little over-the-top with Mr. Jones, but I'm looking forward to 3. The rest on your list are also on my list to see, except Potter. Not a lot of motivation to see that one, but perhaps when it comes on on DVD.

Okay, back to that whole work thing...

Gina Cooper said...

I was going to post the same thing. Can't Hollywood come up with a fresh new idea? Everything is a sequel. Well I'm looking forward to them too :).
I just filled out my bracket. OSU wins it all!!!

Mac Man said...

You picked OSU over the Gophers? Well, better luck next year. Oh wait, this isn't hockey... :-)

I just watched Stranger than Fiction with Dana this weekend. I thought it was really good, she fell asleep. She said it was because she liked simple story lines, while I like the ones that have twists or make you think.

That must be why I like the Muppet Christmas Carol so much. :-)