Friday, March 16, 2007

If Only My Salary Matched My Car's Mileage

Well, I had my two year review at work yesterday. It went well, and I got a raise, though not as good as I was hoping for. Maybe my expectations were higher due to the very good raise I received last year. Oh well, it was still perfectly good. My boss did talk about moving me in a different direction in the company, doing more ASP web programming. And they will be physically moving me in the next few days to a different desk, so I can be sitting near the guy who I will be working with on such projects. It's a bigger desk, which is just peachy.

My 2000 Cavalier recently hit 150,000 miles. It's getting up there. I had been planning on taking a picture and/or video of it when it was at 150,000 miles exactly, but a little bit of irony got in my way. I've driven that car just over 100,000 miles since I bought it, and it hit this milestone during my wife's 180 mile round trip down to see her mother, when I stayed home. What's with that? Ah well. But when the car (hopefully) hits 175,000 and 200,000, I will (hopefully) be able to do that. Cause, it's nerdy, but, you know, I'm a nerd. So it's all good.

I, like a lot of people, have filled out my NCAA basketball tournament bracket. On ESPN.com, The Cooper Clan (Mom, Dad, my 2 brothers, my sister-in-law, and my wife) has our brackets so we can compare how we're doing. Right now, after the first day of the first round, I am in last place, tied with Erik. I am even losing to the random bracket I generated using an Excel spreadsheet. Megan (my wife), on the other hand, who chose the winners partially based on whose name sounded cooler, is tied for second. Hmmm.... maybe my whole strategy is flawed.

3 comments:

Mac Man said...

Silly Coop, of course your raise wasn't what you were hoping for! 3/4 of it is being paid to me! Duh!

Yep, I got my car hitting 100,000 on video just last month, after weeks of waiting patiently. Of course I didn't have to worry about someone else driving my car and ruining the most precious moment in its life. :-) Unlike the MacMobile, which went on a trip to the grocery store without me for its milestone. Still sad about that to this day.

I'm currently in 2nd place at work with my bracket. I was guilted into making one this year, even though I don't follow basketball, so I picked all of mine based on which team Sportsline said the majority of people had picked. I figured the people filling out there brackets knew more than I did, and so far, so good!

The Giesenator said...

I think the only way you can pick the winners is by flipping a coin.

Greg said...

I took a picture of my odometer when it hit 22222 last year. I guess I'm a nerd too. (Not that that was in question).