Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Job-related Babbling

As I have mentioned before, my two-year review should be coming up. In fact, tomorrow is my two-year date for working at FLS. Whether or not my review will be on time is yet to be seen, but I'm hoping it'll be close. I decided a while ago that this year's raise will be one of the major determining factors for how much I look for a new job. I like my current job, but am still pretty open to something else. Megan and I would like to buy a house in the next couple years, and may have to replace a car or two over the next couple years as well, so bringing home a little more bacon would be most helpful.

Those goals will also be more attainable once Megan has a job and we have two incomes. She is currently going through the steps with Kelly, a temp agency. So hopefully something good comes from that.

That all being said, I randomly came across a job listing that would be nearly perfect for me, except one thing that I don't know about. It is a programming position for a website, and I would be doing ASP.Net programming, among other web-related things. The company is based in New York, but I would be able to telecommute full time from home, which would be sweet. The only thing I don't know about it is the salary. I applied anyway, so we will see if anything comes from that. Working from home full time would be a major plus for me.

1 comment:

Mac Man said...

Strange, that sounds just like my job! Hey, wait a sec, what's the pink slip doing in my mail today? I'm being replaced? Who would want to apply for that job?

Anyway, good luck. Now that I'm unemployed, I may reapply for my former/current job in hopes of getting a better salary too! :-)