Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Fifty Grand

So, The Lords of Sargoff hit 50,000 words today, which I find to be rather exciting. Through extras and chapter splitting, it now has 20 chapters. And yet, I need more. :) Like, 20-30,000 more words. I need more description, detail, characters, and events. One thing I've noticed (I think this is right, anyway), is that the story is pretty tight, as in, the characters zip around from place to place and there's little room to add other events. But alas, I will see what I can do. :)

LotD: The Star Destroyer Project. I want one.

2 comments:

Mac Man said...

50,000 words, but how many are good ones? ;-) It might be a little while before I read through the whole thing again, unless you have change tracking turned on and can tell me where the changes are.

On a side-note, what's your backup strategy for the book? Having gone through my recent hard-drive crash, I'm still sensitive to that. Do you have any backup copies of it? Have you thought about setting up a Subversion repository or something similar to keep a history of your changes in case you decide you don't like some changes you've made?

Joel said...

Currently, I have a flash drive that contains the most updated version of the story, that I backup onto the hard drive. Yeah, it's the best system ever. :) Hehe. I've never used a Subversion repository, or really any kind of backup software.