Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Art of Bowling Badly

Last night, my wife and I went out to eat at The Hunan Restaurant in Bloomington. It was a new place, and we had a coupon. :) It was pretty good, and I did enjoy my shrimp in lobster sauce. Neither of us finished our meals, and took some home as leftovers. From there, we went bowling, which was the first time I'd gone bowling in nearly two years, since the night before the wedding. So, how did I do bowling for the first time as a married man? Not so good. :) We bowled three games, and my scores were 90, 90, and 72 respectively. I started off the first game with four straight gutter balls. Yeah, that's right. I then switched to a different ball - one that was lighter - and went with the spin-the-ball approach, which worked better. But, alas. We both love to bowl, and it is a pity that it has been so long (though Megan beat me in 2 of the games. She has bowled a few times with her crazy kids at work.) :) Good fun anyway. I shall do better next time, assuming we don't wait until 2010. :)

Anywho, I brought my leftover shrimp in lobster sauce to work for lunch. As I was getting out of the car this morning, I evidently tipped the box a little, and proceeded to pour lobster sauce onto my pant leg. It was a good way to start off the morning. :) Ah, well.

Well, here we are. The TEC weekend starts tomorrow, and I am very excited, and of course, a little nervous. We seem to have a great Wheat team, and I look forward to working with them and getting to know them better. And of course, most importantly, to be part of making a difference in the lives of the candidates (errr.... weekenders).

LotD: Robot Sommelier. Can "taste" wines (without opening the bottle) to determine its ingredients and what would go well with it. Since I don't drink, this would be of no use to me, but I think the technology is impressive.

4 comments:

Gina Cooper said...

Remind me to challenge you in bowling when you come visit. You know I have my own purple ball with my name on it :). Of course, I haven't bowled in a decade so it doesn't matter much!

Joel said...

Ah, now bowling with the Columbus Coopers would be good fun! :)

Anonymous said...

Good Luck at the TEC weekend tomorrow! Being on Wheat is a great experience and is INCREDIBLY powerful! Tom and I will be praying for ya!
Apparently the Wii bowling hasn't been helping ya much huh?! Just kiddin! It's good fun anyway!
Take Care!

-Katie

Cheryl said...

We will be praying for your weekend Joel, for the wheat team, all the other workers and the teens who come.
love, Mom