Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Return to Sargoff

As I've possibly added a few new readers since I last talked about this, I'm going to give a quick recap. I have been writing a fantasy novel that is currently titled The Lords of Sargoff. It involves magic and strange creatures and other such things. I posted the first chapter on this blog several months ago, but by now, that chapter is out of date. I had been working on this story a lot, but then life got busier, and I haven't been able to nearly as much recently. That being said, I plan on picking it up again and hopefully making large amounts of progress. But first, I'm going to take a step back.

I'm going to write out the basic history of everything, to try and get all the events and people to fit together as best as possible. The first thing I did was to create a map of the country of Sargoff. I had drawn a similar map on paper, but this time created it digitally. This is, of course, not meant to be incredibly aesthetically pleasing, but gives a good layout of where things are and where events take place. It's also not at all final, as not everything as names yet, so things are labeled as "city", "trade city", "forest", and so on. The image itself is actually quite large. :)

Anywho, I will not be posting the overall history of the story, but will start posting chapters once I start writing them again (which may be a little while). I'm pretty excited to get back to writing it.

9 comments:

DVK said...

Sargoff appears to be an island nation. Will there be neighboring countries?

Joel said...

There will be, but they will at most be mentioned, but not explored.

Maybe in book two. :)

Dave said...

I haven't read the first chapter yet. Should I do that or will you be changing the first chapter and then reposting it later?

Joel said...

Technically, what I originally posted as the first chapter has already underwent major changes and then moved to chapter two. I felt that I gave away a little too much story in the first version.

However, that version of the chapter is still available here as a Word doc, so feel free to read it if you so desire. :)

DVK said...

I'm guessing you shouldn't bother at this point, Dave.

Which part of the island is home to the giant robots?

Joel said...

lol, that's um, over yonder somewhere. You'll never get there. :)

DVK said...

No giant robots? What a crappy book....





















;-)

Mac Man said...

Still need to see that movie

Dave said...

Where's the LOTD for this blog entry? Very disappointing not to have one. :)