Friday, October 05, 2007

Heat Stink

Work has been interesting. I've gone from a fairly light schedule to one that is very busy and deadline driven. Ah, the joys of the IT world, eh? At the same time, I've been working on the 2008 GOP Convention Report website for the wife of my former FLS coworker. I ran into some major snags in the editing of her blog entries, as she needed to be able to edit text richly (bold, and other such formatting, as well as inserting pictures and links). Finding a free rich text editor that would suit her needs proved tricky, as I downloaded one that didn't quite function properly. I was getting rather worried until I found one yesterday that worked perfectly. Just a couple days before the site deadline. :) Whooah!

And, of course, most of my computer parts are here. Whooah! That being said, I have run into a snag here as well. My heat sink is rather goofy (see picture). It has these little pipes on each end of it, and when I attempt to connect the heat sink to the motherboard, plastic pieces from the heat sink mount get in the way and prevent it from attaching as straight as it probably should. It wouldn't be good to have the heat sink in there crooked, so I may just have to get a new heat sink. Silly, huh? :)

Talking about silly, here I am. After posting yesterday about my blog looking funny and receiving Dan's comments about it, I redid the template. So, those who commented afterwards probably saw it just fine. I'm a mean one, aren't I? :) *evil laugh*

I also added quite a few new links to the right side. I should have waited and used them all for LotD's, but alas.

LotD: Microsoft Purchases Evil From Satan. A BBSpot classic.

1 comment:

Mac Man said...

That's not a heatsink, that's the radiator from my car! Silly Cooper...