Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Taking the Long Way

As I previously said I would, I started transferring all the files we wanted to keep from the older computer to the new computer. I simply copied the files over the network, but at the very beginning of one of the transfers (I split it up into several groups), I saw something rather odd. Maybe you've seen this before, but I don't think I have. See the image....

That's right. 48, 366 days and 23 hours remaining in the transfer. Whooah! That's somewhere in the area of 132.4 years, I believe. So, umm, good. My rather future descendants might be able to enjoy whatever files I was copying. :)

Hehe, well, it quickly corrected itself and transferred rather quickly. But I was happy to get screen shot of it first. I haven't had any problems with Windows Vista yet, but this doesn't give me any confidence in its ability to calculating things.

Where's my abacus?

LotD: 10 of the Narrowest Houses in the World. Just don't turn around, and you'll be fine.

2 comments:

DVK said...

Well, at least it wasn't 4gigs over dialup.... >:-)

Mac Man said...

Ah yes, the days of backing up over dial-up. That was fun. When was the last time I used a floppy? Strange to think the last time I bought a computer that had a floppy drive in it was 11 years ago.