Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Spot On

It's a sad, sad world when work gets in the way of my blogging. Well, maybe not really, but it certainly should be considered so.

Uh, anywho... I have been working on a website for a woman who is the wife of one of my former FLS Connect coworkers. I created a mock layout according to her instructions and sent it to her, and she replied and said the design was "spot on," so that must be good. :) I have some changes to the layout to make tonight and send to her for tomorrow. Then, depending on my schedule, but sometime during Thursday / Friday / Saturday / Sunday while my wife is at work, I will be putting lots of work toward it to get things running programmatically. Once the site is set up and online, I'll post a link to it here so you can all see my high quality work. :) Or, hopefully not too horribly dreadful work.

It is a little extra money, which is always helpful (though the check I get from it will go directly towards my student loans), it will be good experience and something to put in my portfolio.

On that thought, I think it would be really fun to do things like this as a full-time occupation. Free-lance web designer? Working from home? I think I'd thoroughly enjoy that. More experience + more skills = anything is possible. :)

As mentioned in a previous post, I will be doing monthly maintenance on all computers in the office (about 43). The last couple days, I have had the fun of trying to get all the office's employees on a monthly schedule. I will end up doing this maintenance on between 1 and 4 computers daily, in order to get through all the office's computers in a month. Fun stuff, eh? :)

All in all, work is going well, and I'm feeling more and more comfortable in the position. Yehaw! :)

4 comments:

DVK said...

wow, "programmatically" is a real word:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/programmatically

Joel said...

That it is. :)

Mac Man said...

Don't mess with Cooper. He plays Scrabble!

Joel said...

That's right. Scrabble gives me...

*PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWERS*

And, you know, a small apartment.