Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Project Recaps

Ah, so many fun little projects I have created for myself. Here's a quick update.

GOP Convention Report - this is the website I am creating for the wife of a former coworker. I am starting the programming on it, and will be spending large amounts of time on it between Thursday and Sunday. I am supposed to have it done by October 6th, but am hoping to have it mostly done by this weekend.

The Lords of Sargoff - I have written through the sixth chapter in the story. I am going to try to write the whole story in rough draft, then go back and fix things up and add more details. This will be my main project after the website is completed. I will post the new first chapter at some point, after a little more tweaking.

Reclamation - I have not abandoned my card game, though it has taken a back seat to other things for the time being. I plan on picking this up again.

In other news, I can order my computer in approximately nine days. :) I am totally excited. I need to make final decisions on whether I will order a system or build it myself (I am leaning towards a system at the current time). But we will see.

LotD: Man Declared Dead Awakens During Autopsy. That pretty much sums it up. Weird. Guess it just wasn't his time.

1 comment:

Mac Man said...

For what it's worth, I had a ton of fun building a PC myself. Cost wise, you're right in that Windows is more expensive that way, although you can shop around for great deals on the individual parts and build exactly the machine you want. Plus, the fun of researching, choosing, and then installing everything is hard to beat. Sort of like Legos. The fun isn't just in what you build, but in the building itself.

If you need a sweetener, I have a case and power supply to start you off with if you're interested. The case is still in the box, unopened, just missing the UPC symbol that allowed me to get it free (including shipping) after rebate. Since it was free, I figured why not have a spare? The power supply has been opened, but was only used for a short time (a month or two tops). I also got it free after rebate, although I did have to pay $7 for shipping. Shortly after I bought and installed that one, I found another one (also with a rebate) with some features that I wanted specifically for my DVR, so I swapped them.