Thursday, June 28, 2007

Tisk, Tisk, Bad Blogger!

I missed a couple days blogging, because I am a bad blogger. Actually, I worked from home the last two days, and was lazy and didn't blog. What's with that?

Anywho, here's some interesting information for ya.

My wife has a job! Yeah!! She will be a Residential Counselor at the Wilder Foundation, working in a group home with kids ages 11-17 who have behavioral issues. It is much more in the field she is looking to pursue than her previous job, which was receptionist. This is one of those things that I can see God's hand in. Megan had been trying to get jobs in this field for quite a while, but hadn't had any luck. She signed up for at a temp agency and was assigned as a receptionist at Wilder. Through connections she made while working at the front desk, she was able to have an interview there a couple weeks after her temp job ended. And now she'll be fully employed by Wilder, doing things that are more in her preferred field. Ah, it's amazing how things work out sometimes. God is good!

Yesterday, we had another softball game. While we did not get mercy-ruled, we still lost, sadly. That being said, I did pretty well, going 3-for-4 at the plate, though I had to kick myself for striking out at my last at bat (on a foul ball; in this league, you strike out on fouls). I didn't make any fielding errors, though I didn't have many balls hit to me. But it was good fun as always!

And, of course, a few more thoughts on Reclamation.

Thus far, I've added 27 new cards to the Genesis set (now at 307 total cards), and I may add some more. A base set like this that would be the beginning of a game should have a decent amount of cards in it. Some of these new cards came from adding in kings that were mentioned. Also, I took some cards that were neutral, and added in Heaven and Hell versions of them (while still keeping the neutral versions as well). The thought here is that the neutral versions are weaker, but more versatile (as they can be played on either allegiance during the game). The Heaven or Hell versions are stronger, but more limited in that respect.

A lot of the humans now have their nationality added to their infobox. Nationalities include Egyptian, Israelite, Sodomite, and so on. I'm sure I will do other neat things with nationalities, but right now, the previously mentioned kings (and there are like 8 or 9 kings in the set) help out people from their nationality.

TICSOTD: Tim is so cool, that he is the new absolute zero.

I'm going to run out of TICSOTD real fast. :) I think a picture of the day would be kind of nifty, I may try doing something like that. But who knows.

2 comments:

Mac Man said...

Contrats to Megan on her new job.

It was tough just watching everyone play last night and having to stay in the dugout. Made Mac Man very sad...

Running out of ideas already? Didn't I give you like 5 or 6 to start you off with? Sheesh, do I have to do all the work around here?

Joel said...

Yeah, it is poopy to not be able to play. Two years ago, I pulled the quad muscles in my right leg and had to sit out a game or two.

Though, I can't complain too much, since that is the most serious injury I've ever had in my life.

My brain is slowing with old age.