Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Return to Gopherland

Well, we're back. It was a good fun trip, filled with lots of games and good food. It was good to see everyone, and hopefully it's not another year before I get to see everyone again.

Including dropping off our dog Ruffles at Megan's mom's house, it was a 13 hour drive from our apartment in Shoreview to Columbus. We left Thursday night after work, drove all night, and arrived Friday morning. While we were there, we went out eat twice - once to Damon's and once to Steak-n-Shake, and also went out twice for the best ice cream in the world, at Graeter's. I love that place. These are places that we really like and are not available in Minnesota.

We also tested out the Reclamation game, and got a lot of good ideas for it. There are problems that need to be fixed and cards that need to be toned down. I'll probably cover this is more detail on tomorrow's blog entry (I have to look through all my notes first). But all in all, the play test was pretty successful, since I was definitely expecting game play and card issues to come up. But, of course, that's why you playtest.

On Monday, we went to the Columbus Zoo, which is always a pretty nifty zoo, and (I think) is a good bit bigger and better than the Minnesota Zoo. We left Tuesday morning at about 6:00 in the morning, and through the day treated ourselves to breakfast at McDonald's, lunch at Sonic (which I had never been to before - good stuff), and supper and Davanni's (never been there either - and I thoroughly enjoyed my Turkey Chipotle Hoagie). Then we sat in front of the TV for a little bit and went to sleep at about 9:30. We were tired. :)

But alas, now we're back to work. :)

5 comments:

Mac Man said...

I guess this means you didn't eat any Buckeyes and die? That wouldn't have been good, because we're going to be really short for softball tonight anyway. Anyone out there feel like playing softball tonight in Brooklyn Park? Anybody?

Joel said...

Yeah, I figured I shouldn't die while I was in Ohio, cause that would mess up the softball schedule. :)

And yes, if anyone wants to play softball tonight, then we've got a spot for you.

A. Bauer said...

Sonic's commercials are amazing....and they're Sonic Sunrise isn't too bad either....

Janet said...

Welcome back!

Gina Cooper said...

We had an awesome time too! We already miss you :)