Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Starting the Defatification Process

Yesterday, Megan and I put ourselves on somewhat of a diet. When I first moved back Minnesota in March 2005, I weighed 255, but managed to get down to 225. Now, after the mandatory post-wedding weight gain and lots of extra food during the election time, I am up to 236. Megan is hoping to lose 5 or 10 pounds, and I am hoping to lose *gasp* at least 30 more pounds. I am still a little chubby, so I should have lots of extra weight to lose. :)

We are increasing our vegetable intake (and reducing - temporarily eliminating - snack foods), and increasing our exercise plan. We'll be doing basic exercises three times a week and walking three times a week, and swimming in the apartment's indoor pool once a week. Swimming is both good fun and a good workout.

My goal is to reach 200, which might be a decent weight for someone of my size. But who knows.

On an unrelated note, I get to work from home home Thursday and Friday of this week. Ah, life is good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first question that comes to mind is: "If Megan loses 10 pounds, will she have a negative weight?". This paradox has me extremely worried about the scientific studies that you two have apparently not done on the possible side effects to the time/space continuum (spell-checked in Firefox!).

I suggest the Dana and Tim diet. "Oh, of course we can eat that, we're on a diet!"

Good luck in your venture, but please don't disappear on me. Remember how bad the Invisible Man movie was? You don't want to go there. That whole "I'm going insane" thing is not your style.

I've slowly gained weight since the early college years, but haven't caught up with Santa yet. Kelly says I look healthy now and it's a good thing, but I think it's her way of calling me fat.

Hurray for our first volleyball game tonight! See you there!

Gina Cooper said...

Joel do you really think that if you lose weight your looks will improve? Just kidding - I already think you are a hottie!!

Erik said...

I don't know how I feel about my wife saying that you are a hottie. I think you should try to gain 300 pounds so that Gina won't think you are hot any more. Eat a half gallon of ice cream and a bag of doritos every day, that should do the trick.