Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I'm Impressive

Well, not too impressive really, but I do get to improve my resume some more. In addition to the database and SQL courses I am taking, today Jay (my boss) told me that he would like to enroll me in a few other classes as well. He had previously wanted me to do some ASP and .NET programming (I have some ASP experience), and now I get to take some courses in that and other courses in web development. Also, I will have access to quite a few other classes that I have the option to take, including other types of programming languages, like C, and maybe some others, I'm not exactly sure. Within the next week, I will be getting access to another "library" of classes - like 25 courses or something like that - and after I take the ones that Jay wants, I will be able to take any of the other ones I wish. My current "library" also has access to other classes I can take, such as web design, TCP/IP, computer graphics, hardware, networking, UNIX/Linux, and computer security. Not that it'll be as impressive as a Master's degree in this area, it will beef up my skillset and improve my resume a little. And, you know, it's free education. Sweet.

To answer Tim's question, Band of Brothers is a TV miniseries that I believe was aired on HBO, dealing with a bunch of guys in World War II. It's pretty good.

Yesterday we went to Red Lobster. We splurged and got a lobster pizza for an appetizer, then we each got a type of linguini alfredo. Megan had shrimp and lobster, and I had cajun chicken. They were both wonderful. In fact, I have leftovers here today for lunch. And I'm getting hungry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum, free classes! One of the little perks I have at work is the ability to get just about any book that's work related for free. I don't have a ton of time right now to read, but I am working my way through "Effective C++" when waiting for compiles, installs, etc. I just think learning new stuff you can use at work or at play is fun. And free is always good!

C and C++ are good to know, .NET anything is big right now, and TCP/IP or Computer Graphics would be great fun (IMHO). Those were some of my favorite classes at school, getting to make all these neat little programs from scratch that look difficult from the outside. Let me know what you end up taking.

And seriously, hungry for lunch before 8 am? It's going to be a long day for you! :-)

Gina Cooper said...

Don't listen to Mac Man. Fortran is the way of the future! *smile*.
Red Lobster is yummy! Especially those cheese biscuits. I could eat a million of them. Happy 6 month anniversary by the way.