Monday, December 04, 2006

Descrabbled

Megan and I have now played Scrabble 15 or 20 times, but she had never beaten me. She had never played before at all, but has improved a good bit. Originally, my excessive supremecy was overwhelmingly obvious (note the sarcastic and pretended I'm-full-of-myself tone), as I would normally beat her by around 80-100 points. She declared that if she ever beat me, we would celebrate by going out to eat. The games had been getting closer, but last night was the last straw. Even after I was ahead by as much as 62 points, she battled back and defeated me by 10 points. She played an excellent game and we celebrated by going to our favorite local Chinese buffet. Mmmm. Even though this (along with too much dessert food at last Friday's movie night) has negated any attempts at dieting, it was yummy. But we're still going to be eating less and healthier in general, so that is a good thing.

My incredibly good-looking wife was very excited about her victory over her now clinically-depressed husband, so we took a picture of the completed Scrabble board, and we will be saving the score sheet and adding it to our memory book. What a couple of weirdos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's nothing. I once beat Tom so bad he had a negative score, the board inverted, and Tom turned into a jellyfish! We didn't get to celebrate at the Chinese buffet, however, because they don't allow jellyfish as patrons. What a boba rule!