Sunday, November 05, 2006

Remember, Remember, the Fifth of November

I don't really have a point for posting this, except that I liked the movie V for Vendetta (giving it a 9/10) , and today is November 5th, which is an important date in that movie. And I thought the picture was kinda funky.

Anyway, it almost seems that both the Wolverines and the Buckeyes were caught looking forward yesterday, winning by 8 and 7 points, respectively, over unrated teams with records under .500. Hopefully (for the Buckeyes at least), they don't look too far and have another close call against Northwestern next week.

Here's a few more thoughts about college football. I'm not that big of a fan of the current BCS system, as it is subjective in choosing who plays for the national championship. If I were in charge of the BCS (they've yet to offer me that position), I'd add in some kind of playoff system to allow more teams a chance at the championship. At bare minimum, four. You could even do this within the current bowl system, to a point. Perhaps designate two of the BCS bowls as playoff bowls, and the top 4 teams in the country play in those bowls. The winner of each of the two bowls plays each other in the championship game. It's only one extra game total, and would allow two extra teams that chance. You could even expand it up to 8 teams and make each of the BCS bowls a championship game, then you'd have an extra round of semifinal games before the championship.

I've worked about 16 hours each of the last two days (Friday and Saturday), and today is Sunday and it is most likely I will be working around that length again. Maybe for Monday too. Whoooahh. If that's the case, that will put me at 106.5 hours of work in a 7 day period. Ah, fun!

Anyway, lunch will be here in a little bit (I hope). Yesterday we had Pizza Hut for lunch and Olive Garden for supper. We had gyros from Dino's on Thursday. It's all very exciting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And how does one feel after the Michigan vs Ohio State game? Wouldn't it be cool to see Michigan play Ohio State again for the championship and win! Seems odd, and yet the same thing could happen with playoffs. Then you can have teams with a couple of losses win the national championship over teams that didn't lose all season, but then lose once in a bowl game. Pick your loses wisely I guess. Go Gophers!

I still need to see this movie...