Monday, June 02, 2008

Indiana Caspian's Ghost

Thus explains the last week or so of my life, cinematically speaking.

My wife and I went to see The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian last week. There was more action, and (after the beginning setup) was rather fast paced, bringing the end credits faster than I expected. While it was rather entertaining, I would have to put it a little below The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, though it's been a couple years since I've seen that one. I felt the ending battle wasn't as grand or epic as it should have been. That being said, if you liked the first one, you should like the second one.

The day after that, we went to see Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, which I also thoroughly enjoyed. I am not sure where it ranks among the first three, but it certainly would not be far behind. [Ranking may be decided shortly, when I redo my top movies list.] I left the theater thinking that I had enjoyed this movie more than Prince Caspian.

Then, we watched a movie that Megan had borrowed from a coworker - Ghost Rider, which was an impressive step down from the previously mentioned two movies. The graphics were good - the whole flaming motorcycle and rider - but I felt the storyline, writing, and acting were off. Nicolas Cage did an okay job, but some of the rest weren't so good. When it comes to comic book / superhero movies, this will battle for my least favorite, along with Daredevil.

LotD: More Terminator Movies. The addition of Christian Bale increases my interest in Arnold-less Terminator movies. Looks like they're already doing some serious planning: three sequels.

2 comments:

Mac Man said...

Still no Indiana watching for me... I need to change that.

DVK said...

Me neither.... :-(